As tip 1 in our carpet cleaning series discussed, vacuuming is an essential part of caring for and cleaning a carpet. Sometimes a carpet can be stained in specific spots or small areas and tip 2 discussed these issues. Tip 3 overviewed how to handle specific, tough stains. The thing about carpet stains is that, for the most part, they tend to be in small areas or spot stains. What do you do if your carpet is just generally grungy and dirty and vacuuming is no longer doing the trick to bring it back to life? The point will come in the life of all carpets when vacuuming is no longer enough. There are four key markers to look for when deciding when to deep clean your carpet.
- Matted and sticky carpet
- Large areas of the carpet are discolored
- Grimy circles around chairs
- Dust is released when the carpet is hit
If one or more of these markers is present in your carpet, it is time for a deep cleaning. In today’s world you can rent an expensive steam cleaning machine and clean the carpets yourself. However, doing that will (probably) cost more than hiring professionals and will take you hours. The best option is to contact ProForce Carpet Cleaning of Utah. We have top of the line equipment and machinery to deep treat and clean your carpets. When it comes time for a deep cleaning, here are some things to remember.
- You’ll need a company that uses an extractor or high powered vacuum type mechanism. Our truck mounted system sucks up gunk and dirty water and stores it in the truck so we can dispose of it away from your home.
- Use safe chemicals. ProForce uses eco-friendly and gentle chemicals that get the job done without destroying your carpet.
- Remove as much furniture as possible from the rooms to be cleaned.
- You may want to vacuum before the deep clean.
- After the deep clean, leave the room(s) well ventilated. Try not to walk on the carpet until they are dry (ProForce uses a process that leaves your carpets only slightly damp, so you should be ok to walk on them within a few hours depending on the consistency of your carpet)
If you follow the advice in tip 1, tip 2, and tip 3, then your carpets should remain in relatively good shape. However, even with the best preventative measures, carpet need a good deep cleaning from professionals 1-2 times a year. Also, another note, if your carpets are getting grungy and dusty quickly despite frequent vacuuming, you should look into buying a new vacuum.
In our next installment of carpet cleaning tips, tip 5 will discuss how to treat damaged areas of carpet.