Tiled areas are durable, generally beautiful, and usually pretty easy to clean. So I’m not even going to really talk about how to clean them. I will
mention that if you have particularly difficult tile stain, you can get in contact with ProForce today and we can help you take care of it. So, okay, okay.
The title of this post was a little misleading since I’m not really going to talk about cleaning tile. Instead I’m going to focus on cleaning grout.
Remember all the things I said about tiled areas? Durable. Beautiful. Easy to clean. Yeah, grout isn’t like that.
Grout can be brittle and since it is usually lighter in color and porous it can be very susceptible to stains. Dirt, mud, spills, soap, mold, and mildew
all pose challenges for cleaning grout. Luckily, you can do something about your stained grout.
- Start with the gentlest cleaning agent and see if it can get the job done
- Start cleaning in a more hidden area to test the cleaner
So let’s get down to it. To clean grout follow these guidelines. (we’ll start with the gentlest and work up)
- Plain warm water and a stiff brush. Spray the water and use some elbow-grease
- Vinegar. Spray the vinegar (mixed 50/50 with water) on the stain. Let sit for a few minutes and then scrub with brush.
- Create a paste with water and baking soda. Coat the grout lines with the paste. Then spray the water and vinegar solution on top of the paste. Once the
paste stops foaming and bubbling scrub with a brush and then rinse with water.
- Hydrogen peroxide. You can use the peroxide straight up or create a paste with it and baking soda.
- Oxygen Bleach like (OxiClean). Follow the instructions on the bottle and be sure to let it stand on the grout for about 15 minutes before scrubbing. Always
rinse the bleach off with water.
- Chlorine bleach. Use very sparingly and be sure to rinse well since this can be very abrasive and eat away the grout.
- Steam cleaning. You can do this yourself or for best results contact ProForce Cleaning and we can take care of your tile and grout for you.
There you have it. Follow these guidelines to clean your tile and grout. Also, to protect from stains wipe grout with vinegar solution and wipe it down
once a week. Keep in mind that all of ProForces cleaning services are eco, kid, and pet friendly. Not only are our processes safe but they are extremely
effective. Contact us for all of your cleaning needs!